Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Always say obrigada!

Growing up, everyone learns the magic words: please and thank you  Well, I recently learned thank you in Portuguese: obrigada!  Last Saturday I went to Portugal with the family I´m staying with.  It was BEAUTIFUL!  We went to a little island and spent the day on the most beautiful beach I´ve ever seen!  The water was so blue and clear and the sand was so soft and white  We spent the whole day there finding shells, swimming, soaking up the sun, and eating!  We went to a little restaurant on the beach there for lunch  I order a chicken kebab and it was so delicious.  They had to bring it out on a special plate because it was hanging and ginormous!  It was not quite what I was expecting, but very very tasty.  I definitely said obrigada for that!  I deal a lot with the other magic word when I play with Carmen, the 2 year old girl I take care of here.  Since I´m supposed to be helping her learn English, I immediately taught her to say please when she was asking me for anything.  She´s a quick learner; now she says please for everything....The other day she dropped something she couldn´t reach, and she just looked at me and said please  It´s very cute...Now I just have to teach her to say thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment